Maybe the situation for which you are considering therapy doesn’t fit neatly into a category like “depressed” or “anxious.” Perhaps your relationships, your profession, or your personal life simply aren’t what they should be.
Maybe the problem is a very old one, and you can’t quite put your finger on it. Or maybe you have identified the problem but simply need an experienced professional to help you respond to it.
Insight-oriented therapy is an efficient way to get your life on track and keep it there. It can be a wise and profitable investment that helps you prevent lost time and foregone opportunities. Some of my particular strengths include:
- Identifying destructive or counterproductive patterns – even the very old and entrenched ones.
- Helping you identify and continually pursue your own values.
- Helping you discover how your mind came to behave as it does, and how to handle it.
- Discovering how others have affected you, and how your unique history drives your behavior.
- Devising creative homework assignments, exercises, and experiments (if you wish to do work outside our sessions) to bring your focus into the present and toward your values.
- Being an nonjudgmental, compassionate, and supportive ally when times are tough.
If you are considering psychotherapy, please contact me to set up a meeting. If I am not the best fit for you, I’ll try to refer you to someone who might be.
Shawn T. Smith, Psy.D.
4045 Wadsworth, Suite 200
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033