I’m Dr. Shawn Smith, a licensed psychologist in Denver, Colorado. I offer solution-focused therapy, always with empathy and your particular situation in mind. I don’t use cookie-cutter approaches. Treatment is tailored to your goals. My specialties include:
- Anxiety problems: These include problems such as generalized anxiety disorder, panic attacks, and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). I rely on solution-focused, empirically-validated treatment.
- Depression: Whether you know the source of your depression or not, we can use empirically-supported methods to start putting your life back together. While I don’t prescribe medication, I can work alongside your general practitioner or psychiatrist.
- Relationship counseling: I offer solution-focused couple counseling designed to replace destructive patterns with constructive ones. I also understand and welcome alternative lifestyles.
- Trauma recovery: It is possible to put your life back together after a loss. Whether the trauma is recent, or it took place long ago, I’ve had great success in helping people overcome events that interfere with their life and relationships.
- Substance abuse recovery: We can go beyond the standard treatment and get to the root of your substance use habit. I usually ask that you augment our work with group treatment, though that is not strictly necessary.
- Ongoing therapy: While my services can be short-term, some people prefer longer or ongoing work. My empirically-supported services can help, whether you need someone in your corner to help you manage ongoing, complex problems, or you’re looking for a coach to help you replace old patterns and meet your full potential.
Please contact me at any time if you’d like to set up a meeting. My office is located a few blocks south of I-70 at Wadsworth (Google map). You can reach me here:
4045 Wadsworth, Suite 200
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
If you would like to get a jump on the paperwork (there isn’t much), you can download my intake forms, consent for couple therapy if applicable, and my HIPAA statement (this one is just informational).